Friday, July 2, 2010

To Write, Perchance to Dream

My progress thus far on my second book, Murder in Town Hall has been very slow. A pesky little thing called work keeps getting in the way.

My job is incredibly stressful, so writing provides a great release. My problem has been unplugging long enough from the paycheck to be able to enjoy the writing part. I must make more time!

My vacation is soon, and we are going to Virginia Beach with my family. This is the fourth year we have assembled for one week during the summer to get away and enjoy each other's company. Eight people and two kids in one house. I cannot wait.

In other groundbreaking news, my parents are moving back to WI. They have lived in NC for fifteen years now, but it has never been home like WI is. I don't blame them, and they deserve to begin their partial retirement wherever they darn well please. I will miss them terribly, but know my brother Chris will enjoy having them so close.

I need to recommit to writing without sacrificing my paycheck job. There is the lottery, however...

No comments:

Post a Comment